Position Title: Legal Assistant
Type: Contract, Full-Time
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Training: Minimum of college degree or equivalent legal experience
We are a multi practice law firm in Ottawa’s downtown core. To further support our growing practice, which includes civil and family litigation, as well as other areas of law. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated professional to join our team of law clerks and assistants.
The candidate will be assisting two lawyers’ practices and coordinating files with other staff members and assistants.
The candidate we seek must have a college or university diploma, experience in the legal field, preferably in litigation, have a keen interest in the law; excellent written and interpersonal skills, a comprehensive knowledge of computer software and enjoy working in a team environment. Bilingualism would be an asset.
- Overall management of files, from opening to closing
- Acting as a liaison between lawyers, assistants, and clients, other law firms and professionals
- Drafting of correspondence
- Communicating with clients
- Filing court documents
- Preparation of accounts and collection
- Drafting pleadings and court documents
- Carrying out other administrative tasks as directed
- ability to pay attention to detail
- knowledge of CLIO is an asset
- self-motivated individual
- strong work ethic
- computer proficiency
- an experienced user of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel
- very familiar with Adobe Acrobat and can create and manipulate adobe files
- ability to communicate via telephone, email and general correspondence
- team player; and
- well organized
Salary will depend on experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume in strict confidence to:
Barnes Sammon LLP
Suite 400, 200 Elgin Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1L5
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.